Friday, February 10, 2012

Tasting - Coastal Vines Brut

Name: Coastal Vines Brut
Variety: Sparkling French Colombard, Chardonnay, Mixed Whites blend
Region: California
Country: US
Year: Not given
Price: $6.95

Critic Review: Coastal Vines Sparkling Wine is a light colored wine with aromas of apple and citrus.  On the palate there are flavors of melon and pear.  The finish is crisp and clean. Pair with cheeses, like brie, for appetizers; grilled garlic shrimp over a bed of pasta; or with a light white cake for dessert.

My Review:  This sparkling wine had a nice apple smell.  It was heavily carbonated, a little too much for my taste.  I couldn't pick out any distinct flavors tasting it, it was hard to get past all of the carbonation.  It was slightly sweet to the taste.  I think perhaps it would have been better if I had tried it with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment